lördag 23 januari 2010

Week(end) nr. 2

So another week has passed in Monterrey and I have t admit that I am equally surprised and worried that time goes so fast. I like it because it means I am not bored, under stimulated or in any other way left to boredom. But I have noticed that time is scarce in a new kind of way. This week included some overtime (first time in my life) and when you come home around eight in the evening there is not much time left for other things. But I will et used to that too I guess.

CEMEX is great, really, and i am being very well received. I have had lunch with colleagues, Paco and Karla twice this week and they are super nice and about my age. Tuesday my superior Ana felt that we deserved some tacos after working late, so she took me to a great taco place in my neighbourhood. Really nice and relaxed and fun to be more personal and less job-related.

As always, Djiego our ´landlord' room-mate keeps introducing us to new fun people. This week we have had dinner with two more of his designer friends and they are all so nice and relaxed. It is so much fun to meet new people; not only for the sake of meeting, but also because they are people I would normally not meet. Very cool.

And the weekend goes by too fast. Yesterday I was at a friend Carlos´birthday party. Again, many new people and then party until late (or early). Today we had Allan, Ole and two friends of Magda was here for dinner. We made pasta with blue cheese sauce, roasted champignons and sunflower seeds with salad. As always when we (read I) cook, it is a success. Now, at five past midnight, I am too tired to go out and will actually go to bed. Wow, a weekend with only one night at the disco. Weird.

Chiao /J

Oh, by the way; all week temps have been between 25 and 30. Just thought you people in icebox-Sweden would like to know :)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar