söndag 7 februari 2010

McAllen TX



So I finally got the chance to do some boarder-hopping this weekend. My friend Carlos was going to McAllen Texas with two friends and invited me to come. Mexican go because it is cheaper to buy thing there; clothes, electronics, appliances etcetera. So at 7am saturday morning I was ready for the road-trip. McAllen is about two and a half hours away from Monterrey so it is not that far. Everything went fine with crossing the border, and Texas offered great weather - sunny and about 25 degrees. We visited Barnes & Noble, a big outlet-mall, Macy´s and another big mall. What did I buy? Two books, one polo-shirt, two sleeping boxers and a pair of really cool shorts. All in all - nothing I really needed. I did however find the perfect tent at Ralph Lauren´s 'Big and Tall' which I considered buying there for a sec or two. 4XL, what do you think about that???



In between shopping, we managed to get late lunch at the Olive Garden. Finally, after hearing about it for so long! I asked the waiter: -is this really italian food or is it american italian food?? He looked at me and said: -it is mexican italian food. Whatever croos-over it might have been it was good and I asked for a doggy-bag for the first time in my life. It felt goood! They also had a really funny sign at the door, as you can see below.




We arrived back in MTY at 0:30am, and I found Magda and Allan in our kitchen having beer and tequila. So for me, it was just a quick stop in the shower, then out with them to a friends party and then Topaz. I dropped in bed at 5 or so, dead tired. So today I slept in, went for coffee at Starbucks and then just finished a movie. Saw 'Into the wild' - really good! Now I plan to go to bed to be rested for yet another work week. I'm getting indoctrinated good; on the path to becoming a corporate slave. Love it!
// Jonny Bravoo




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar