måndag 15 februari 2010

Valentines and shit.

I mean 'shit' as in stuff; not as in crappy. Because it was a good weekend.
I did not know that Valentines was a big thing in Mexico, but it appears so. All the usual merchandise-crap is out and people are ordering flowers, chocolates and so on. I resent this weekend (maybe because I haven´t had a date for it in ages) but it started good enough on friday. My boss Karen was very sweet and gave me a little Valentines gift. She loooves me, I´m spieeecial! :)
Friday night me and Magda went to meet our norwegian friend Idunn, her boyfriend, roomie and mutual friend/colleague of ours Lisette for a glass of wine. A glass nearly always turns out to become more and so this time as well...but I stopped at three which was responsible of me. Saturday morning I was woken at 9:32 by our made who came in to get my laundry. Very nice but a tad early on a saturday.. In any case it did mean that I got up and had a great morning; made breakfast, watched svt-play, listened to Lantz i P4 and did some reading. I like those kind of mornings, even though I like a sleep-ins even more. The rest of the day was spent with Jorge studying and then at the movies. I was 'Hurt Locker' - about bomb technicians in Iraq. Very good movie; one an a half enthusiastic thumbs up!
Sunday I was also up early (go figure) and had another nice morning. After delicious breakfast tacos I did some more studying and then went for a run with the other sunday-joggers along Calzada del Valle. For you who wonders how it looks, see below. Like that it goes on for 2.5 K and then back. It is quite perfect; my house is about another 1 K from there, so the perfect distance.



The afternoon I spent with my wife (read:Magda). we went for a nice lunch in the sun, then light shopping at Palacio De Hierro with a frappuchino ending. Wonderful! And today it was back to reality; Monday at the office are never great, but atleast this one was fast. I have som much to do I barely notice the time. Plus I did a little overtime so I feel good about myself. Just to celebrate a little more I went for a run. Now I am eating some of the skittles I bought in McAllen and are planning to, slowly but surely, move towards the bed. For sleeping ofcourse.




Kram J

1 kommentar: