torsdag 25 februari 2010

Random sick-day

First, let me comment on the weekend by saying that it was wild. Atleast Saturday were I went to a birthday party at eleven and came home around eight. There went my Sunaday :)

Yesterday was such a random day. I woke up as normal but feeling sick - headache, sore throat and no energy at all. Unfortunately my day was scattered with meetings at work, including a 7pm teleconference with Asia, so I could not stay home. One big cup of coffee washed down two alvedon, and off I went. The first meeting (team-meeting) I managed to get through fairly ok. Then I tried to work somewhat effectively until lunch. For lunch I went home, ate a sandwich and went to power-nap. Came back to the office at five, feeling a little better and worked until 7pm. Then I spent another 1hr 45 min. on the phone with the Philippines talking baout engagement initiatives and trying to focus. Thank god they did most of the talking and I just had to write, listen and ask a question here and there. Left the office at 8:55pm to go home and finally get some rest. A random day to say the least. Today I feel a little better - not perfect but better. And unfortunately today is also going to be a looong day - Teleconference with Spain at 9:30 to start the day and then Organizational Leadership-class from 6-9:30pm. It is going to be loooong!

/J

1 kommentar:

  1. I think the siesta thing is actually good. I am beginning to appreciate it. It gives you a chance to wake up early and be efficient until lunch, and the nap in between is like a reset. It gives one power to start again with focus and renewed energy, instead of stretching out the day.

    SvaraRadera